Draftproofing & sash windows restoration
We believe that most original wooden sash windows can be restored to their full working condition and are well worth looking after as a valuable feature of period buildings.
- Floor coverings and furniture are protected with dustsheets.
- Dust extraction facilities used when necessary.
- Dismantle each window by removing both sashes and wooden beadings.
- Boxes are cleaned and weight channels vacuumed.
- Sashes are inspected for any sign of rot or loose tennon joints.
- Where repairs are required we use epoxy resin as it has proven to give the best results and longest lasting treatments.
- Once set hard is than shaped to follow original profile of the particular part.
- Any exposed wood surfaces are primed and undercoated.
- New cords are fitted.
- Both sashes are adjusted so frames align with each other centrally.
- Windows are balanced and new weights added if necessary.
- New parting and staf beads are fitted with an all - weather pile system and are then cut and installed.
- Now sashes are draft proofed for a smooth operation with no rattle.
- Any new or additional window furniture can be fitted at this point to improve security and comfort of operation.